EnDiskEx is a command-line tool that bulk extracts instruments, sequences, songs, and banks from Ensoniq-formatted disk images (RAW, GKH, EDE, and EDA) for the EPS/ASR family of samplers. The extracted files are saved as EFE / SMF / TXT files.
EnDiskEx is designed to extract Ensoniq banks for re-creation within a different DAW. It will track down the instrument and song files from bank references even if they were saved on another disk. There also exists a disk mapping feature to correct for any errors in this process caused by having relabeled disks, forgotten to label disks, etc.
EnDiskEx has been tested and validated against a variety of RAW, GKH, EDE, and EDA images files the dev team has, including but not limited to, the ASR factory disks, the EPS 16+ factory disks, and the EPS (classic) factory disks.
- Reads images of disks formatted for Ensoniq EPS / EPS 16+ / ASR samplers.
- Reads RAW, GKH, EDE, and EDA disk image formats.
- Builds an in-memory library of all images you point it at (can list multiple directories or explicit files).
- Can bulk extract all files on all images.
- Can find all bank files, parse them, and then extract each bank to its own sub-directory.
- Allows mapping specifications to correct for errors in bank references.
- Extracts all Ensoniq instruments to EFE formatted files on the PC.
- Extracts sequences/songs to type 1 SMF/MIDI files
- Expands song steps to MIDI, overlays song tracks on top, then saves as additional SMF/MIDI file
Easy for use.