• work in Linux,
• live in Russia,
• like English interface, and
• dislike 12-hours clock and mm/dd/yyyy dates, then…
this is what you need — English language locale for Russia. It consistently sticks to English language, but makes other parameters more suitable for Russians, e. g.:
• Ridiculous 12-hour clock is replaced with 24-hour clock.
• Date format is changed from confusing mm/dd/yyyy to unambiguous ISO yyyy-mm-dd.
• Weeks start on Monday, not Sunday.
• Thousand separator is not comma but narrow non-breaking space.
• Imperial units are replaced with metric ones.
• Default paper sheet size is A4.
• Territory is changed to Russia: country name, country phone code, currency name, etc.
See detailed description at en-ru.sourceforge.net in English and Russian languages.
- English language
- 24-hour clock
- ISO dates
- Monday is the first day of a week
- Metric units
Be the first to post a review of Locale en_RU!