eMule at a GlanceeMule is easy to install with its quick start wizard; however, it may intimidate beginners when it asks for some networking information upfront, which you can either enter or bypass. Upon launch, eMule displays the Server tab with a list of servers to connect to, where finding content is as easy as typing the filename, and adding search conditions. You can chat with friends across the globe using eMule’s built in IRC client. And the Share Files tab lets you keep track of your shares, including requests, accepted uploads, and transferred files.
Product DetailsHere is a detailed breakdown of eMule’s features:
- Kad network support—eMule supports the Kad network using the Kademlia protocol, which acts as a distributed system.
- Queue and credit system—You get the files you want with rewards for your uploads to the network.
- Intelligent corruption control—eMule checks files for corruption during downloads to confirm that they are error free, helping speed up the correction of corrupted chunks so that they do not need to be re-downloaded entirely.
- Simultaneous downloads with preview—You can start a series of downloads and preview videos while they are in progress.
- Built in Web services/server—You can quickly access local, global, and Web-based servers (Jigle and Filedonkey) across the Internet.
- Advanced search—eMule provides Boolean searches, adding flexibility to your inquiries.
- Messaging system—You can chat with friends across the globe using eMule’s built in IRC client. And a friend’ list lets you see when friends are online.
|With eMule it’s easy to share a wide selection of file types and download some some extremely rare files, while it filters corrupt Web files.||eMule doesn’t automatically configure firewalls. At times, downloads may slow but configuring the upload/download speed helps.|
- Version: .50a
- File size: 3.23MB
- Date added: July 7, 2010
- Operating systems: Windows
eMule is a free peer-to-peer (P2P) file-sharing client for Microsoft Windows that was launched in 2002 as an alternative to eDonkey2000. To date, eMule is one of the world’s largest and most trustworthy P2P file-sharing clients. eMule includes advanced search features, file checks for corruptions while downloading, a preview while downloading function, and a credit system to reward frequent uploads.
- Kad network support
- Queue and credit system
- Intelligent corruption control
- Simultaneous downloads with preview
- Built in Web services/server
- Advanced search
- Messaging system
The biggest pile of crap ever ! The help that's available, may as well be in Chinese, I'd get just as much usable knowledge. I even downloaded the server list, but it was useless too.