As a continuation of the EDGE Project, hyper3DGE gives the end-user more power from the most advanced alternative DOOM engine - combined with portability to most systems, including game consoles.
- Stable, fast OpenGL rendering system with support for Quake 2 and Quake 3 models.
- Splitscreen local networking for cooperative, deathmatch, and botmatch play.
- Sega Dreamcast portability (currently under /source).
- Powerful DDF, RTS, and COAL scripting to make your Doom mods come to life.
- Now Supports Heretic, Chex Quest, and Hacx.
Please use the -splitscreen parameter from the command line. If you go into /docs and read the text files, it will explain how to use it. It is playable but the input setup needs work. All of the features mentioned here actually work, and if you need more validation you are more than welcome to visit the official 3DGE forums, which is also contained in the README.