Eclipse is a software development environment for many popular languages that includes an integrated development environment (IDE) and an extensible plug-in system. Eclipse can be used to develop Java by default, and has plugins to support: Ada, C, C++, COBOL, Perl, PHP, Python, R, Ruby (including Ruby on Rails framework), Scala, Clojure, Groovy and Scheme.
- Multiple languages
- Equinox OSGi – a standard bundling framework
- Core platform – boot Eclipse, run plug-ins
- Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) – a portable widget toolkit
- Eclipse Workbench – views, editors, perspectives, wizards
- JFace – viewer classes to bring model view controller programming to SWT, file buffers, text handling, text editors
There are no 2 star reviews.