Debian fast and light...
- Debian 7.7
- 9menu (Alt+F1)
- dmenu-extended (Alt+P)
- sublime text 3
- ncmpcpp visualizer
- nausea visualizer
- rcconf (sudo rcconf) default=minimum services
- install with 'sudo refractainstaller-gui'
- <100MB RAM usage on boot...
- boot to ram option
- redshift (uncomment in ~/.xinitrc, add your geolocation to ~/.config/redshift.conf)
- username = live ; password = live ; type 'startx'...
DWMX is excellent for beginners starting with a tiling window manager. DWM is a very wise choice for a window manager in this role also. Stable base OS is a plus for new users also.
Wow this is just great! Turn this project into a bleeding edge, lightning fast OS!!! Speed is the most important thing in operating systems, not the beauty. Excellent base and nice feel, thank you!