DWIP is short for Disk Wiping and Imaging Tool. This tool is being built for Mississippi State Universities National Forensics Training Center for use on a live cd to give out to it's students.
- Wipe media using a zero pattern, a 1 pattern, a user entered hex string, a random hex string, and using a pseudo DOD style wipe. The DOD wipe is 7 passes 3 passes each time 1's the first time 0's the second time and random the third time.
- Imaging media in DD, E01, and AFF format. Copy one image to another location.
- Veirfy wipes after they have been done. There is an algorithm that will check the block device and print out which sector of the media device was not written to and what bytes it did not write correctly.
- Logging of all wiping/imaging events to an SQLite database.
- Generation of reports so that Forensics Investigators can use this tool in a courtroom setting.
Be the first to post a review of DWIP!