Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications. It’s built, used, and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world. Drupal is equipped with a powerful blend of features which can support a variety of websites ranging from personal weblogs to large community-driven websites. Drupal is written in PHP and supports various SQL.
- Collaborative Book - Our unique collaborative book feature lets you setup a \"book\" and then authorize other individuals to contribute content.
- Friendly URLs - Drupal uses Apache's mod_rewrite to enable customizable URLs that are both user and search engine friendly.
- Modules - The Drupal community has contributed many modules which provide functionality that extend Drupal core.
- Online help - Like many Open Source projects, we can't say that our online help is perfect but have built a robust online help system built into the core help text. Available to you on your own site.
- Open source - The source code of Drupal is freely available under the terms of the GNU General Public License 2 (GPL). Unlike proprietary blogging or content management systems, Drupal's feature set is fully available to extend or customize as needed.
- Personalization - A robust personalization environment is at the core of Drupal. Both the content and the presentation can be individualized based on user-defined preferences.
- Role based permission system - Drupal administrators don't have to tediously setup permissions for each user. Instead, they assign permissions to roles and then group like users into a role group.
- Searching - All content in Drupal is fully indexed and searchable at all times if you take advantage of the built in search module.
Drupal suites every need, this is the perfect choice for a CMS that does almost everything. Love the support, integration with ecosystem is amazing, and it runs well on all kinds of hosts.
Truly powerful free CMS with great community and support. There are thousands of free modules available to add more functionality.