Saros brings multi-writer synchronous distributed editing to the Eclipse IDE, e.g. for joint code reviews, explaining code remotely, or distributed pair programming -- all also for more than 2 participants; we call this Distributed Party Programming. It includes refined awareness functionality, optional screen-sharing, text chat, a simple distributed whiteboard/sketching facility, and (immature) VoIP.
Eclipse Update Site: http://dpp.sourceforge.net/update
- Collaborative real-time file editing
- Supports several concurrent writers
- Awareness markup: Who is where (file/region)? Who just changed what?
- Shared file/folder operations
- Built-in VoIP (immature) and instant messaging
- Built-in screen-sharing (immature)
- Built-in whiteboard (limited functionality)
very good project
Good work! Thanks
Works great for me
Simply and powerfull!
It is a great software.
I wouldn't pack with anything else.