PWCT is not a Wizard for creating your application in 1 2 3 steps. PWCT is a general-purpose visual programming tool designed for novice and expert programmers.
A novice programmer can use PWCT to learn programming concepts like Data Structure, Control Structure, Programming Paradigm,..etc.
An expert programmer can use PWCT to develop large and/or complex software.
Using PWCT we developed a textual programming language Compiler and Virtual Machine, This language called Supernova (http://sourceforge.net/projects/supernova). Another projects developed using PWCT are the Smart POS System (http://sourceforge.net/projects/pos-sys/) and the Critical Nodes Application (http://sourceforge.net/projects/criticalnodes/).
You can see/edit the generated source code. PWCT support Harbour, Supernova, C, Python, & C#.NET and you can extend PWCT to support code generation in any text based programming language.
PWCT comes with many samples, tutorials & movies.
- Free-Open Source - GNU General Public License v2.0.
- You can use PWCT to create commercial closed source applications
- Visual Programming - More than one dimension.
- Visual Programming - Programming using a GUI.
- Visual Programming - No Syntax Errors.
- Visual Programming - Time Dimension.
- Visual Programming - Colors.
- Practical Editor - Autocomplete (IntelliSense)
- Practical Editor - Keyboard shortcuts (high writability).
- Practical Editor - Customization (Max. Readability & Writability).
- Practical Editor - Cut/Copy/Paste & Search/Replace.
- Practical Editor - Syntax Directed Editor.
- Practical Editor - Free Editor & VPL Compiler.
- Programming Paradigm - Don't force a programming paradigm.
- Programming Paradigm - Imperative Programming.
- Programming Paradigm - Procedural Programming.
- Programming Paradigm - Object Oriented Programming.
- Programming Paradigm - Event Driven Programming.
- Programming Paradigm - Super Server programming (New)
- Compatable (Optional) - See/Edit the generated source code.
- Compatable (Optional) - You can support any textual programming language.
- Compatable (Optional) - Support C, Python, C# , Harbour & Supernova.
- Programming Scope - General Purpose.
- Programming Scope - Create Large scale Applications/Systems.
- Programming Scope - High Level Programming.
- Programming Scope - Low Level Programming.
- Framework & Extension - Create/use Visual Programming Languages.
- Framework & Extension - Comes with more than one VPL.
- Framework & Extension - Create new components.
- Framework & Extension - Programs update after components modification.
- Operating System - Microsoft Windows product.
- Operating System - Works fine on Linux using Wine
- Operating System - Create Windows Applications.
- Operating System - Create Multiplatform Applications
- Dynamic Generation instead of Drag & Drop.
- General and Practical.
- Samples/Tutorial/Movies Manager.
- Play programs as movie.
- Run programs in the past.
Può essere miglirato in molte cose (64bit, estenzioni,...) ma è un programma ottimo per la creazioni di piccoli programmini adatti a molte esigenze.
This Project is best way to learn programming
A great and (relatively) simple way of making functional programs. My only gripe is that Harbour (the default language) doesn't seem to have a logarithm function.
This is a great tool for development and strives to remove many of the problems coding with text based languages. It aides you in putting your program logic together and does not force you to use one style of programming (OO, procedural, event and others). Instead it lets your focus your attention on solving the problem. It also standardizes errors for debugging your program. A lot of work went into this project. The author will do his best to answer questions brought up in the PWCT forum. This project is under development and quite usable right now. I'm sure it will only get better with time.
I can't believe someone made this project.... 5 star from me.... <3 love this :D