Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
Fantastic project! Thanks a lot. I searched already for a while for TotalCommander for Mac OSX.
The best free Commander that i have see!! I love it thanks so much for that perfect program! 5 Stars are not enough :-)
So far, the best of the open source file explorers that I have used. Seems a lot more stable than Gnome Commander. Particularly liked the search facilities and the ability to customise separate views. Sorry, can't rate support as I haven't needed any.
Perfect piece of sw. The only missing feature is to be able to connect smartphone for managing files as external hd. Please implement it :)
Waiting for v1.0