Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
Perfectly does it's Job!
Thanks to the dev.
After using Total Commander for near 20 years, I would have never beleive I would change for another commander. But I did. Double Commander has very nice little something that make it better than TC for user. The "directory hotlist" is much more simpler to configure and much more versatile. The customize user toolbar also is easier to configure. Internal command may received parameters. Most of operation may be done in multitask so the main panel is always accessible to continue to work. I still have TC installed for a few things, but I am 99% of my time with this Double Commander. Thanks for the great work!
old school norton commander
Thank you very much.