Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
Thank you for development
Unfortunately Norton internet security (sonar) blocks the app claiming that it performs suspicious activites and it erases it . windows 7 . It works fine on LINUX thanks amr
Powerful, but don't have list view (short view), only details view (table). So not for me yet.
It would be cool if it had a DC icon that allows you to switch quickly between single pane and double pane view. Also a tree view button make browsing easier.