Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
i like it
A less rich feature than Total Commander, is the synchronization panel. But I boost it with FreeFileSync.
My choice for Total Commander replacement under Linux. Many thanks to the developer!
When I was still working on Windows I used Total Commander/Free Commander for years but when I switched to Linux I could not find an equivalent program (I tried several) until I stuck on this wonderful project. I use it in my everyday work and install it even on every Windows box I happen to work on every now and then. Thank you very much for this much needed piece of software. Keep up the good work! Awesome!