Double Commander is a cross platform open source file manager with two panels side by side. It is inspired by Total Commander and features some new ideas.
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- Multi-rename tool
- Custom columns
- Built in file viewer (F3) to view files of in hex, binary or text format
- Internal text editor (F4) with syntax hightlighting
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. Supported archive types: ZIP, TAR GZ, TGZ, LZMA and also BZ2, RPM, CPIO, DEB, RAR.
- All operations working in background
- Extended search function with full text search in any files
- Configurable button bar to start external programs or internal menu commands
- Total Commander WCX, WDX and WLX plug-ins support
not allowing asynch synchronization is weak Weak. asynch check box grayed out
Thank you for development
Unfortunately Norton internet security (sonar) blocks the app claiming that it performs suspicious activites and it erases it . windows 7 . It works fine on LINUX thanks amr
Powerful, but don't have list view (short view), only details view (table). So not for me yet.
It would be cool if it had a DC icon that allows you to switch quickly between single pane and double pane view. Also a tree view button make browsing easier.