Close, hide, minimize and open multiple programs with a single button!
Don't want to get busted by your boss or your teacher playing Solitaire, chatting or surfing the web? Close (hide or minimize) and open multiple programs with the click of a button. So you won't have to panic anymore...
- Close, hide or minimize as many programs as you want using the blacklist (by executable filename or keywords present in the window title)
- Open up to 3 programs (files) at the same time
- Open files with a certain software (other then the one selected as default in Windows)
- Predefined software paths (includes paths for all Windows games!)
- Run Don't Panic! at Windows startup, block access to Windows Task Manager and mute master volume
- Clear some system folders (Recent Files; Internet Explorer history, typed URLs and cache; Recycle Bin) for extra privacy
- Panic Mode (complete with customizable size, position, transparency level and hotkey)
- WebUpdate (complete with news) and statistic modules
- User-friendly, multi-language UI (English, German, Italian, Romanian, Russian and Turkish are installed by default)
Easy interface, everything seems to work perfectly.
Ware the russian localization? Not bad!
I think I use this program more than anything else on my thumb drive. I use the PortableApps.com version. My favorite features are the hiding and blacklist. Now I can make as many applications dissapear at once, without really closing them. After I hide them, you can't find them anywhere unless if you know the keyboard shortcut, or use the task manager.
My only complaint: "Don't Panic!" should be written in larger and friendlier letters.
Great, it was exactly what I was looking for. And it is Open Source!