Ditto is an extension to the standard windows clipboard. It saves each item placed on the clipboard allowing you access to any of those items at a later time. Ditto allows you to specify what gets saved, text, images or html.
- Easy to use interface
- Search and paste previous copy entries
- Keep multiple computer's clipboards in sync
- Data is encrypted when sent over the network
- Accessed from tray icon or global hot key
- Select entry by double click, enter key or drag drop
- Paste into any window that excepts standard copy/paste entries
- Display thumbnail of copied images in list
- Full Unicode support(display foreign characters)
- UTF-8 support for language files(create language files in any language)
- Uses sqlite database (www.sqlite.org)
Security warning: I installed this software a few weeks ago. Configured it to save max 50 entries, with an expiration after 1 day. Randomly checked the Ditto database today: it contained OVER 5000 ENTRIES dating +/- back to the day I installed it more than 3 WEEKS ago. Big fat massive SECURITY ISSUE there.
Zero stars but this rating not accepted. Totally useless. The 64bit version changes ALL formatting and font information to 'plain vanila' one size, one font, one colour, one line pitch, none of which was present in the original.
win-8 here … doesn't work … thanks anyway.
I am a huge fan of this utility! I have needed something like this for years, but didn't know this existed. It has a small footprint on the desktop, easy to figure out how things work, highly configurable. It has a few issues recognizing the current window now and again, but since it displays the title of the window it thinks is current its easy to figure out.
Win 7 64 bit. Auto-rollup doesn't work. Hide Ditto on hotkey if Ditto is visible doesn't work. Didn't remember where it was positioned after a restart. Great app, it's just that I'm stuck with a monolith on screen that is an intrusion that I don't want, and which needs repositioning after startup. Shame.