A Disk Scheduling Simulator tool. With an intuitive GUI interface and command line functionality. Built using both VC and VB. Currently supports SSTF,LOOK,CLOOK,SCAN and CSCAN algorithms. Rotational latency is also optionally supported.
- SLOOK algorithm. Described in our paper:
- Ability to get the Average, Minimum and Maximum of multiple similation results (when using range parameters) and plot them in one chart.
- Ability to calculate Maximum waiting times.
- Various enhancements of Manual Request Entry, Including support for LBA (Logical Block Addressing) and easy to use time delays (t option).
- Saving custom disk types in Disk Propeties.
- Number of hard disc heads is included now with the simulation parameters.
- Many other changes and bug fixes.
Be the first to post a review of DiskSims!