.' .::. _I _ __ l- .::. '.
,--- '::' -- (_I I I' I_) -- '::' ---.
| Dirt 1.0.0 alpha |
| by TmowhrekF |
| This is Readme.txt |
Please read the Manual.txt before use!
Dirt 1.0.0 alpha 28 (2013-04-09)
* Added password protection (for shared computers). The password can be
defined either as text or as a SHA-1 or MD5 hash. See "dirt.ini" and the
"Configuring Dirt" chapter in the manual.
* Added rudimentary SOCKS v5 firewall support for passworded connections.
It will listen on port 10588 by default.
* Added decryption of logged messages by psyBNC through /playprivatelog.
* Fixed a serious bug with /sendkey <nick> <channel> (to send channel keys)
that would send the key in plain text in some cases.
* Fixed the bug on unix-like systems where dirt.ini and dirt.key would be
duplicated to the working directory (very rare except with the --user and
* Several minor bug fixes and alchemical refinements.
Dirt 1.0.0 alpha 27 (2013-03-17)
* Added channel topic encryption/decryption. Decryption is automatic.
Use the "/dirt topic" command when you want to set an encrypted topic on a
* It is now compilable and fully working on x64 architectures.
* Added --user=X and --group=X parameters to the unix version (for use in
shell scripts running as root:root).
* The configuration file (dirt.ini) will not ever be overwritten by Dirt
anymore. But it is still generated if it doesn't already exist and upgraded
by the Windows installer (using the old one as a reference).
* All changes in dirt.ini will be recognized on "/dirt load".
* The executable is now dirtirc[.exe]. The program is still titled "Dirt",
this is to separate it from other programs with the same name.
* Improved the help system quite a bit.
* Added wildcard matching for /keys, /showkey and /showkeytext (you can list
known channel keys with /keys #* for example).
* A whole lot of bug fixes, optimizations and improvements here and there.