To perform automated digit span tests to evaluate on working memory function, especially in cognitive / neuro research. Hope to reduce practice effects and eliminate the need to use clinical assessments in research settings. Requires Java 7 or newer. Note that this is a research tool, and was not intended (and not evaluated) for clinical assessment.
FINAL VERSION: If you want more features, download the source and hack it yourself.
Ethics Note: Since this does not diagnose anything, label results as normal/abnormal, contain pre-made stimuli or anything from a published assessment, and neither tries to teach the task nor seems to do so (as some commercial products claim to do) I believe it is safe and acceptable in the public domain. (If this were not true, it wouldn't be here.)
- Default testing mode for consistant presentation and comaparable results
- Highly customizable custom mode for specialized uses
- Digits forward and backward
- Presents stimuli in auditory, visual, or audiovisual format
- Multiple sequence generation algorithms that prevent "easy" sequences
- Generates stimuli for human presentation
- Saves results or stimuli to text file
- Prints results or stimuli
- May uses log and config files to store settings and back-up data
- Fractional score based on a linear model of where accuracy drops below 50%
Dear Digit span test team. We are using this software for our eye tracking project. However, we are facing a problem with this software in the middle of the project. When the digit span test is finished with the participant, there is a problem to save the file. Then in such a situation, the last three rows get erased. This causes to lose the participant data. Is there any way this problem could be solved ? Could the software be updated ? best, Sujay , TU kaiserslautern