This product allows meteorologists and weather forecasters to view the latest weather maps, models and weather conditions. It also allows the user to convert a variety of units and solve several meteorological equations. Features currently in development:
- Ability to create your own PDF 48 hour forecast for distribution using Excel and MOS data.
- Switch back and forth between the same forecast hour in both GFS and NAM models to compare.
- Key controls to stop an animation at either the very first or last frame rather than step through all frames to get there.
- More meteorological equations to work with.
- Adding commas to long strings of digits for easier readability.
- More current weather maps to choose from.
- Ability to switch from metric to English units in the Current Weather window.
- Wind gusts to be displayed if present in the Current Weather window.
- Return/Enter key updates station ID in Current Weather window without having to manually click the button.
- View/animate current weather maps
- View current weather conditions for any 4-letter station ID
- Compile your own distributable PDF 48-hour forecast in Excel based on current MOS data
- Solve a variety of meteorological equations given certain variables (Ideal gas law, hydrostatic, hypsometric, etc.)
- Convert between common units of distance, pressure, volume, temperature, weight and speed
- View/control forecast model graphics (NAM & GFS)
Be the first to post a review of Digital Forecaster!