This is a simple PHP/MySQL based asset management system which was written in response to a real business need.
The business problem was that a system was required to track all items of equipment supplied to a customers site as well as any internal equipment which had been returned. This tracking also had to include a log history of where it had been and any work which had been done to it.
Each item has a chronological log to track maintenance and so on as well as attachments, item locations and users backed from the DB.
With parent item support, sub-components can be shown, for example, a computer and a hard disk are listed in the database, both with their own histories. The computer then requires a new hard disk, instead of deleting the tracking for the hard disk and only tracking the computer, the entry for the hard disk simply says that it's parent item is the computer.
- Simple tracked inventory (items which will move around, be maintained etc) management
- chronological log history - for including maintenance and repair info
- multiple file attachments on log history - for photos, log files etc
- AJAX based log update and file upload
- MySQL, LDAP and local file user based login
- Multiple locations per contract / customer
- Wiki markup in log entries
- Auto linking of redmine issue numbers and svn revisions (like Redmine markup)
- Parent item support - shows what items are sub-components of each other
Works, very small, no complaints.
Great software, thanks diegoinventory
Right now, after installing in Ubuntu Linux server, it just does not work. I tried the 2 latest versions and the results were just the same. Access denied for user 'lewtyorg_assetdb'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
great app, works nicely