August 3rd 2013 update:
DiceRoller v2.0 is now v2.1! The dice roll parsing and result mechanism has been offloaded to Lua, The current script is bare-bones, but more features will be added over time, and you can add them yourself without the need for downloading/compiling source code.
Version 2.1 is currently in beta.
For a stable version, download version 2.0.2.
If you have an idea for a set of dicerolling features to implement for a game/tool/etc., make a thread in the discussion area.
Go to the Discussion Forum -> General Discussion if you want developer access to the code. I'd be glad to have any help with coding new features.
The next version of the Dice Roller Extra for Skype. Allows commands detected within a Skype chat to generate random values to represent dice rolls. Currently Windows only.
The ReadMe.txt file includes a detailed list of features, and instructions for simple setup details.
- Easily roll dice from within a Skype Chat.
- Support for d10 dice systems and counting successes.
- Sum the rolls of multiple dice.
- Uses MersenneTwister Algorithm for number generation. Algorithm by Makoto Matsumoto, Takuji Nishimura, and Shawn Cokus. Implementation by Richard J. Wagner.
- Allows ReSeeding for extra randomness, or for those superstitious about the outcome of rolls based on the command typed.
- Only one instance of it need be run at a time. Will calculate rolls for the user and everyone inside the same chat.
Hi, can someone please provide instructions on how to install this? Thank you!
Hi, im totally newb in c++ but want to see sourcecode Where i can find "Discussion Forum -> General Discussion"? Help plz
Just made an account to say thanks for this. Works perfectly as advertised. Below are some minor tweaks I'd suggest: a) Stop the cmd interface from making a newline when I enter something unrelated. b) Offer the option of a neater, streamlined diceroll text that uses one line and appears clearer. For example; Brittlesword (1d20+1) **** 18 **** c) If at all possible, could it display the user's current name instead of the Skype account name? This would make roleplaying much easier. Overall, a functional tool which I look forward to using in my Skype sessions. Thanks again.
Works, very small, no complaints.
Works and fast.