Kanatest is a Japanese kana (hiragana and katakana) simple flashcard tool.
It offers fourteen lessons and three drill modes: hiragana, katakana, and
DLL requirements included.
* If you don't have a font on your system that supporst Kana you can install the
fonts located in the zip file sazanami-fonts.zip. Just place them in the fonts
folder on your system. To use the font in Kanatest you must select it from the
* Some issues with version 0.4.8
- Created patch for source to fix compiling problems.
- Enabled deprecated functions of GTK in makefiles.
- srand48 not defined in MinGW. Had to link to OpenEXR(libImath) for it.
- OpenEXR is C++ library so had to you g++ in place of gcc (CC=g++)
- Linking was not done automatically. Had to add following to LIBS:
LIBS="-lImath -lgtk-win32-2.0 -lgdk-win32-2.0 -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0
-lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lcairo -lintl -lxml2 -mwindows"
- .po files would not install. Commented out subdir "po" in Makefile and
copied files over manually.
- Added alternative methods for srand48 and lrand48 on Win32
- Put localization path as application sub-directory on Win32
- Had to compile .mo translations manually (perhaps my gettext installation isn't working)
--prefix=/mingw PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/mingw/lib/pkgconfig [LDFLAGS=-mwindws]