Both systems are based on Debian "Jessie" (upcoming Debian 8) with certain elements of Debian "Sid" (unstable).
Kernel 3.14.2-amd64 respectively 3.16.0-7-exton.
PROGRAM content et
As the name suggests, DebEX Barebone has only a minimum of software installed in advance. Among them AbiWord, LXTerminal, Thunar, Leafpad, AlsaPlayer, Wicd, Iceweasel (Firefox), Icedove (Thunderbird), GParted and Synaptic. In version 140821 of DebEX I have added all common KDE packages and removed Xfce4.
DebEX uses Apt (apt-get) and Synaptic. I have also installed Pacapt ("an Arch's pacman-like package manager").
I have deliberately kept down the number of installed applications to give you the pleasure of self-installing the ones YOU really need.
Xfce 4.10.1 respectively KDE 4.13.3 are used as Desktop environment. Xfce is faster than LXDE in Debian.
INSTALL TO HARD DRIVE
Just start DebEX Installer and follow the instructions.
- Both versions are based on Debian Jessie (testing) and Sid (unstable)
- Xfce 4.10.1 respectively KDE 4.13.3 Desktop environment
- Kernel 3.14.2-amd64 respectively 3.16.0-7-exton
- 64 bit
- Wicd for wireless connections
- Kernel headers
- Fast systems
- DebEX Installer - works in the same way as Ubiquity
- USB installation in two ways
- Hard drive installation
- USB installation - Persistent
- Runs from RAM - Boot alternative 3 - Copy to RAM
- Pacapt - "an Arch's pacman-like package manager
- Apt and Synaptic
- KDE 4.13.3 common packages in version 140821 of DebEX
Easy to install and use.