A filebrowser plugin for the DeaDBeeF audio player (http://deadbeef.sf.net). Placed in a sidebar inside the main user interface, it supports adding files to playlists by context menu or drag and drop. Also uses coverart images as folder icons.
Check out the Waveform plugin too: https://sourceforge.net/p/deadbeef-wf
- Full tree-browsing support, with handling of GTK/GNOME bookmarks
- Use drag & drop to simply add files/directories to playlists
- Show coverart images as directory icon (if available)
- Filter files by extension to avoid cluttering
- Fully-customizable colors
Works great. I'm very thankful to have an integrated file manager inside DeaDBeeF. The only additional option that I would like is to have the folders open to the previous location when restarting DeaDBeeF.
This plugin is good. With that plugin Deadbeef is usable. Now I use Foobar2000 via Wine and Deadbeef as well. Even though File Browser plugin is good it's still behind album browser in Foobar2000. They look like similar but in Deadbeef I have to always add current playlist is's very big disadvantage. I hope in the future funcionality of Foobar2000 and Deadbeef will be the same. Thank you very much for that plugin!!!