This solver represents an addition to the open-source CFD package OpenFOAM.
The solver is used to simulate the deflagration-to-detonation transition in hydrogen-air mixtures.
Prominent features are described below.
Additional description is available in the pdf file included.
For a more detailed description download Florian Ettner's thesis (in German) from
A shorter description (in English) can be found in the following publiction:
- accurate shock capturing with a density based solver
- deflagration modelling via a reaction progress variable
- auto-ignition sub-grid model separating each computational cell into a "shocked" and an "unshocked" part
- auto-ignition from tabulated ignition delay times, gained from a detailed chemical mechanism
- low computational cost due to applicability to coarse grids and usage of pre-tabulated chemistry
Be the first to post a review of ddtFoam!