dbWarden is a comprehensive database monitoring and alerting solution for SQL Server 2005. 2008 and now 2012. It features email and text notifications with customizable metrics for alerts such as Blocking, Long Running Queries and SQL Jobs, CPU %, Log file and TempDB growth. Another main feature is a detailed HTML based daily health report which provides a thorough overview of your database server.
dbWarden is written completely in SQL and requires sysadmin level permissions to run xp_instance_regread and xp_fixeddrives. Utilizes SQL Agent, DBMail and Operators.
- Completely Free
- SQL-based for easy and quick installation and setup
- Compatible with all editions of SQL Server 2005, 2008 and 2012 except for Express (requires SQL Agent and DBMail)
- Receive a comprehensive and configurable daily "Health Report" that provides a thorough overview of your SQL Server
- Sends alerts via email or text using DBMail
- Includes sp_Sessions to monitor session and query performance
- Monitors your database servers for:
- - Long running queries
- - Long running Jobs
- - Blocking
- - Log file and TempDB growth
- - CPU utilization
- - Schema Change Tracking
- - Reporting on deadlocks
There are no 1 star reviews.