DataPall is a free software system specifically designed to assist palliative care providers in record keeping, data management, and reporting. It is especially tailored to programs in low-resource settings. Rice 360 interns in Malawi developed DataPall, an electronic medical records system tailored to the needs of palliative care providers in the region. DataPall offers a user-friendly interface that allows health workers to accurately and efficiently input appointment records. The program allows for individual patient tracking and aggregate data management. Moreover, it generates customizable, comprehensive reports on the essential health services given by palliative care providers. DataPall was developed in Microsoft Access, and can be downloaded and implemented for no cost using Microsoft Access Runtime. Both a tutorial and a set of corresponding registers are available to accompany DataPall. Installation files and Access Runtime are available in the "Files" section above.
- Track patients between inpatient, outpatient, and home-based care
- Manage patient care records and data
- Generate comprehensive reports on the operations of palliative care programs
- Halve the amount of time spent managing and administrating records
- Uniquely identify patients with patient identification number
- Approved for use by Malawi Ministry of Health
- Developed by Rice 360: Institute for Global Health Technologies
Be the first to post a review of DataPall Palliative Care EMR!