DataFinder is a data management client developed in Python that primarily targets the management of scientific technical data. The system is able to handle large amounts of data and can be easily integrated in existing working environments.
- Organization of managed data objects within a hierarchical structure which is determined by a free-definable data model
- Import of data files into different storage locations
- Archival of managed data using Tivoli Storage Manager as storage backend
- Support of standard file browser features, e.g. coyping, moving, deletion, ...
- Support of symbolic links on data objects
- Support of complex search queries based upon meta data
- Platform-independent graphical user interfaces
- Access to managed data via a Python API
Good developed, simple and easy to install.