DAE Tools is a free/open-source cross-platform object-oriented and equation-based process modelling and optimization software. It is not a modelling language, rather a collection of software packages with the API for:
- Model development
- Simulation, optimization, and parameter estimation
- Processing of the results
- Report generation
- Code generation
DAE Tools modelling approach is a hybrid approach between general-purpose programming languages (such as c++ and Python) and domain-specific modelling languages (such as Modelica, gPROMS, Ascend).
DAE Tools runs on all major operating systems (Windows, GNU Linux and Mac OS X) and architectures (x86, x86_64, arm).
It is free to use, released under the GNU General Public Licence.
Class of problems that can be solved:
- Initial value problems of implicit form
- Index-1 DAE systems
- With lumped or distributed parameters
- Steady-state or dynamic
- Continuous with some elements of event-driven system
- Cross-platform (x86, x86_64, arm)
- Support for simulation and optimization of dynamic and steady-state processes
- Support for lumped and distributed processes
- Support for sequential and multithreaded LA solvers
- Support for dense and sparse matrixes
- Support for 2D and 3D plots using Matplotlib and Mayavi2
Be the first to post a review of DAE Tools Project!