A fast and powerful solution for in-game GUIs
Crazy Eddie's GUI System is a free library for game developers that provides windowing and widgets for graphics APIs and engines where such functionality is not natively available, or is severely lacking.
Established in 2003, CEGUI sees continual, active development and remains one of the most powerful and most popular options for developers requiring an in-game GUI solution.
CEGUI is fully supported by the developers that created - and continue to develop - the library, and who are accessible via the project's dedicated internet forums and IRC channel.
- Official support for rendering via OpenGL, Direct3D, Ogre and Irrlicht
- Uses XML data files - xsd schemas and full documentation provided
- Integrated animation support
- Support for Python and Lua based scripting
- Unicode based font rendering with bi-directional text support
- Wide choice of options for XML parsing and image loading libraries
- Fully extensible and customisable
- Access to developers via website forums and IRC chat channel
There are no thumbs down reviews.