Cracx is a tool which uses an installed archive program to crack archive passwords. Notice: You must NOT use this program with files you don't have the rights to extract/open/use them!
On an i5 CPU, it does approximately 8-9 combination tests per second. In future, I want to speed up the process by using an integrated 7z executable. So far, the program required either 7z or WinRar to be installed. Feel free to make suggestions or also contribute by implementing features or translating the tool in your native language!
- multi-language (English / German / more to come)
- 7-zip and WinRAR support (WinZip planned)
- Bruteforce: variable length and charsets
- Dictionary file import
- pause and continue search process
- planned: time display & statistics, progress saving, more languages...
cracx works perfectly, thanks
The only 'good' archive cracker for 7-Zip that I've seen. The only thing it lacks is a custom 7-zip executable, one that doesn't kill itself after a failed attempt at unpacking. As that would most likely increase the performance of cracking the password. (Launching executables takes about half a second.)