cpuminer is a multi-threaded, highly optimized CPU miner for Litecoin, Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Currently supported algorithms are SHA-256d and scrypt(1024, 1, 1).
It supports the getwork mining protocol as well as the Stratum mining protocol, and can be used for both solo and pooled mining.
Notice: Please see here to understand why this package is recognized as a threat by some antivirus software: https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer/issues/13
- Highly optimized for x86, x86-64 and ARM architectures
- Automatically uses SSE2, AVX and AVX2 instructions where available
- Supports the Stratum mining protocol
- Lightweight, only depends on libcurl and jansson
- Tested on a wide variety of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, OS X, a few BSDs, Solaris and AIX
Was great until I upgraded my machines to Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 which use the same underlying engine code. Running Minerd.exe 64 bit results in a crash in under a minute. Machines just shutdown. If you plan to continue to run stay on Windows 7 or 8 until developer releases a fix.