Cotovía is a unit-selection text-to-speech system for Galician and Spanish. Its C++ code is distributed under the GPL3.0+ license, while each of the avaliable speaker voices has its own license. The speakers available at sourceforge are free for commercial and non-commercial uses. Another speaker, free for non-commercial uses, is avaliable through external links (see the Blog section).
Cotovia has been developed by the University de Vigo and the center 'Ramón Piñeiro' for Research in Humanities, both in Galicia, Spain. Its development has involved a research group of linguists and engineers.
Cotovía has been developed as a research project, therefore most of the work has been focused on the most interesting aspects from a scientific point of view. Although the performance of the whole TTS system is quite good, there are some parts that could be clearly improved.
Cotovia files and installing instructions are available at the Files and Git sections.
- Text-to-Speech for Galician and Spanish (command-line interface)
- Unit-selection speech synthesis with some improvements.
- Several speaker voices are available.
- Some other annotated speech resources are or will be also available.
- Cotovía can be also used for other related purposes such as automatic phonetic transcription or POS tagging.
- Integration with screen readers (like ORCA or Jovie) through Speech Dispatcher (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29dCFpc3XNA).
Be the first to post a review of Cotovía!