CorEngine is a work in progress, OpenGL graphics powered 3D game engine designed to help independent game developers with quick prototyping and game/virtual environment creation.
The engine supports a standard set of features, like skeletal animation, post processing, Lua/C programming, physics powered by Bullet Physics, GUI and 2D/3D Audio.
- Fast application development through Lua scripting language
- OpenGL renderer enabling crossplatform development and compatibility
- Support for Collada, 3ds, ms3d and various other common model formats through Assimp
- Scene editor
- Dynamic visibility culling with hardware occlusion queries
- Completely shader based rendering architecture (Shader Model 3.0)
- Blender exporter
- Special effects like normal/parallax/specular mapping and particles
- Post processing effects like Bloom and Depth of Field
- Skeletal animation
- Physics powered by Bullet Physics
- Built in GUI objects like labels, buttons, pictures and text fields
- Built in 3d and stereo audio support, support for OGG and WAV formats