Construct2D is a grid generator designed to create 2D grids for CFD computations on airfoils. The grids are generated in Plot3D format. The only required input file is the set of coordinates defining the airfoil geometry, using the same format as XFoil, the popular vortex-panel code for airfoil analysis. Construct2D can create grids with O topology (recommended for airfoils with a blunt trailing edge) or C topology (recommended for airfoils with a sharp trailing edge). Now available in version 2.0: hyperbolic grid generation to create higher quality grids in a fraction of the time compared to elliptic grid generation. Elliptic grid generation is still available also. Smooth airfoil surface spacing is handled automatically with user-controlled clustering parameters. Also included is a visualizer written in Python with matplotlib.
- 2D structured grid generation designed for airfoils
- 3D grid (extruded 2D planes) output capability
- Hyperbolic grid generation is now available (v2.0) for fast, high-quality grids
- Elliptic (poisson equation) grid generation is also available
- C-grid or O-grid capability
- Simple geometry input file format
- Handles blunt or sharp trailing edges
- Paneling subroutines adapted from XFoil for smooth distribution of points on airfoil surface
- Menu-driven or input-file-driven
- "PostPycess" script: grid and solution visualization with python & matplotlib
- New in v2.0.4: Writes out a boundary condition file in NASA neutral map (.nmf) format.
Be the first to post a review of Construct2D!