This is a simple console-based LAN chat program that must be accessed in a common network folder ( please make sure this folder is empty ) by all the users. It is a basic program and can be used for simple chats between LAN connected computer systems but has features to enable you to share links and files too.
You can check out installation instructions in the 'Files' tab.
Check the 'Changelogs' for changes made, 'Hacks' for hacks in the program, and 'FAQ' for any questions. They are all under the 'Wiki' tab.
Currently, the program only runs on Windows systems. It has not been tested on Linux systems that run windows executables using Wine or any other such emulator.
- Refreshes with new messages automatically
- Type at your own pace and not be limited by the refresh rate of the program.
- Allows sending links / network paths and files through separate sections within the chat
- Names of user chatting, names of users in message, links / network paths and dates and times of files are highlighted in various colours
- Shows if another person is typing
- Can scroll through messages, links / network paths sent and files sent list
- Clever check if users are present or not (if not, it will delete previous chat files and recreate new empty ones)
- Console program
- Hacks to highlight words/phrases in various colors that are also used in the above mentioned feature
- Has support for systems which are not compatible with UNC directories
Be the first to post a review of CONSOLE CHAT PROGRAM!