ConEmu-Maximus5 is a Windows console window enhancement (local terminal emulator), which presents multiple consoles and simple GUI applications as one customizable tabbed GUI window with various features.
Initially, the program was created as a companion to Far Manager, my favorite shell replacement.
Today, ConEmu can be used with any other console application or simple GUI tools (like PuTTY for example). ConEmu is an active project, open to suggestions.
Disclaimer #1. ConEmu is not a shell, so it does not provide "shell features" like tab-completion, command history and others. ConEmu does not provide remote access (SSH/Telnet/...) too. ConEmu is advanced console window (local terminal) where you can run any shell or remote access client of your choice. However, some of these features placed in RoadMap.
Disclaimer #2. If you notice lags while executing batches or commands (from cmd/git/bash/etc.) just uncheck option "Inject ConEmuHk".
- smooth and friendly window resizing
- several programs in one window
- run simple GUI apps in tabs
- Windows 7 Jump Lists and Progress on Taskbar buttons
- easily run old DOS applications (games) in Windows 7 or 64-bit OS
- configurable and clickable status bar
- optional per-application settings (e.g. palette)
- normal, maximized and full screen window graphic modes
- customizable font family, height, width, bold, italic, anti-aliasing (standard, clear type, disabled)
- using normal/bold/italic fonts for different parts of console simultaneously
- user friendly text and block selection
- vertical or horisontal cursor
- ANSI X3.64 and Xterm 256 colors
- drag and drop (explorer style), thumbnails and tiles in Far manager
- and more, and more...
If you use Powershell, you NEED ConEmu!
Замечательный и очень полезный инструмент! Удобный в работе и легкий в освоении. Очень гибок в настройках.
The app is awesome and everything. You guys just need to fix the crashes when you try to attach to another application and the tab thing. When I try to open a new powershell tab, conemu freezes and takes total focus. I can't even switch to task manager to kill it. Please fix that.
Its just great. First time I feel so confortable at windows console as I feel at linux console. PS: ConEmu is best served with UnixUtils or GnuWin32. ;)
Really nice. Integrates with clink, TCC, and DOSBox as well.