# 5.5.1 Update
## Feature Updates
* New Interface Settings page in Systems & Settings that lets you control your dashboard background image, and the behavior of the quick nav.
* Newsflow One is now located at /dashboard/news. /dashboard now houses a table of contents for the dashboard. You can navigate to this by clicking the dashboard button.
* Page attributes that are setup to be viewed by default will now show when adding pages of that type. Better add page experience (more page types, etc...)
* Improved the marketplace browsing experience by simplifying and increasing the number of results in a given request. Now able to filter by compatible marketplace packages.
## Behavioral Improvements
* Better Edit Bar Interaction
* Less sensitive dashboard menu
* No more click on dashboard overlay that kills the overlay
* no more click on edit button that kills the overlay
* hovering over the quick nav from the dashboard closes the dashboard overlay (with hoverintent)
* Switching order of page version information and buttons in the edit page megamenu; making edit button take you into edit mode when clicked
* Dashboard button now takes you into a table of contents
* ccm.app.js is now minified
* Content Importer library now reindexes pages after content is imported.
* Move the content down when edit bar appears (this used to work so just figure out what got lost and bring it back)
* Add multiple files window now closes after using multiple file uploader
* The language name should always be displayed in that language when editing a user’s record in the dashboard on a multilingual site.
* Brought back enter key event when adding values to select attribute
## Bug Fixes
* Greek Yogurt now has a view.php, fixing lots of errors with that theme and add-ons like eCommerce, Discussion Forums, etc...
* Fixed unstyled pagination for group selector, split users and group selectors off into separate windows, nicer experience.
* Fixed bug where composer pages would lose their titles and descriptions when caching was enabled (while being composed)
* no longer displaying dashboard theme when rendering stacks 404 page
* Fixed problem where databases that weren't setup to be UTF8 wouldn't be UTF8.
* Fixed problem with marketplace connections that wouldn't work on hosts that didn't support SSL (Windows under certain configurations)
* Fixing copy tweak for editors on first run experience.
* Recent downloads should now just show the top 5 most recent (not all)
* Fixed problem with Environment Dashboard page sends duplicate headers.
* Fixed bug where meta content-type is defined twice in Greek Yogurt Theme
* Fixed bug where deleting an attribute assumes you're deleting a file attribute (and redirects you to the wrong place.)
* Fixed malformed regex in URL helper
* Fixed cache clearing bug in page and file attributes that lead to attributes not appearing to save
* News flow slot blocks need much shorter cache timeout
* Fixed bug in speed settings dialog where custom timeouts wouldn’t display in the text box.
* Fixed bug in Firefox where file properties window could be way off to the side of tabs when uploading files.
* Fixed bug: adding a page not making you check page in until after you edit it again
* modified global areas to recreate themselves if deleted
* Fixed error when updating properties for a page in the sitemap occasionally printed out "object" in an alert window
* MySQL fails upgrading in strict mode fixed.
* Fixed behavior where a misconfigured pretty urls setup could never be undone because dashboard didn't allow navigation back
* Fixed - http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-5-0/package-install-successfully-unstyled/
* Permissions fixes to showing pages that the user doesn't have access to in dashboard dropdown, intelligent search
* Fixing bug where stack custom design wouldn't show on a page
* When international characters were shown in select attribute autocomplete results, they would be displayed as entities. Now they should be displayed properly.
* Fixed - http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-5-0/garbled-umlauts-using-tag-cloud-revisited/
* Fixed - http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-5-0/files-if-set-name-is-too-long-you-cannot-remove-it-from-the-sets/
* Toolbar should show if the user has access to the dashboard (even if they don't have access to edit the page)
* Fixed problem where the first time an add block menu was displayed it might display off screen, then subsequent clicks would position the menu correctly
* Fixed - http://www.concrete5.org/index.php?cID=264427&editmode=
* Fixed problem where global areas wouldn’t load their auto header items on first page load
* Fixed - http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-5-0/unable-to-edit-block-in-composer/#discussionpost
* Fixed - http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-5-0/add-block-dialog-ui-issue/#discussionpost
* Fixed very minor html injection error on add remote files error display
* Fixed access denied errors when editing a form inside a global area.
* Fixed - http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-5-0/major-user-attribute-editing-annoyance/#discussionpost
* Fixed Form block redirect problem within stacks
* Fixed http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-5-0/greek-yogurt-css-renders-custom-block-styles-inoperable/
* Fixed http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-5-0/parent-page-filter-in-sitemap-search-search-all-children-labelle/
* Fixed http://www.concrete5.org/developers/bugs/5-5-0/remove-old-page-versions-job-not-installed-with-upgrade-from-5.4/
* Fixing bug where TinyMCE wouldn’t work when used as a mode for a textarea attribute.
* Updating local packages forced you to connect to the community. This is now no longer the case.
## Developer Updates
* Progressive page reindexing should now only happen when approving pages through the UI (fixes problems with add-ons that add and reindex pages)
* Added Stack::display()
* Including jQuery 1.7.1 and jQuery UI 1.8.16:
* Added page ID to page properties dialog
* Newsflow setting (ENABLE_APP_NEWS) can now be set on white label install and through the Config class
* $miscFields has been added to the FormHelper::label()
* Added block name back to the editing UI (for global blocks) via the custom template menu.
* Added Zend Currency to core.
# 5.5.0 Update
## Feature Updates
* Completely revampled, overhauled and refined interface in the front-end and in the dashboard. Too many improvements to list here.
* No more scrapbook! Simpler, streamlined, faster clipboard for copy and paste, and "Stacks" for managing global areas, with support for version control and block reordering.
* Improved Installation that lets you specify your admin password, an installation language, gives you more access to sample content.
* Comprehensive white-labeling support, including the ability to specify alternate install packages, an alternate logo.
* Deleted pages now go into the trash for easy restore or bulk deletion.
* Better Page Attributes, including the ability to define attribute sets for page attributes, including reordering. Attributes can also be used with page defaults. Much better interface for choosing page attributes.
* Better marketplace integration, including the ability to read full descriptions, better search, a more attractive and fully informative informative, and the ability to purchase items directly from your website.
* Beautiful new "Greek Yogurt" Theme, installed with the sample content.
* New bulk commands in page search, including bulk delete, bulk move/copy, bulk design, and bulk speed settings
* Page Search and User Search now have fully customizable columns
* Better Anti-Spam Controls. Easy installation of new captcha libraries like reCAPTCHA (available for free download from concrete5.org) and anti-spam libraries like Akismet.
## Performance Improvements
* UI now uses sprites for better performance.
* Make Config values use one database query at startup to load, or one cache call. (Integrated and modified pull request from christiaan)
* More optimized dynamic PHP function calls (thanks christiaan)
* Page List is lighter weight with system pages no longer cached or calculated on the fly.
* Included an optimization job that can remove all but the most recent 10 versions of pages.
* Page reindexing no longer happens every time we set attribute or exit edit mode. Now instead it happens when running the index search job, or when visiting a page you have edit access to (through a silent, non-blocked reindex AJAX request.) (Note: this behavior can be modified by defining ENABLE_PROGRESSIVE_PAGE_REINDEX to false.)
* Much improved performance on the better designed Form Results page.
* Removed the Database class. Instead just go directly to ADODB and add our functions as stubs
## Additional Features and Behavioral Improvements
* Updated TinyMCE to 3.4.6, fixing bugs, improving stability, and enabling editing on iOS devices.
* Dialog windows should no longer be larger than the container browser window.
* Cleaner page list block template (thanks jordanlev)
* Departments of France are now included when checking France as an active country (thanks marcandre)
* Default mod_rewrite rules now make it so that pages like "jobs" that match directory names can be created (thanks christiaan)
* Included iPhone home screen thumbnail in the site icons dashboard page.
## Additional Bug Fixes
* Fixed bug where top nav optional menu items for sitemap and file manager, and the internationalization menu stopped working in 126.96.36.199.
* When a page is cached still dispatch the render events and set the correct Content-Type header (thanks christiaan)
* Added minor XSS protection to Dashboard message area.
## Developer Updates
* Included the new concrete5 Content Export Format, an XML language for describing sample content for a website.
* Global Areas can be defined in themes, allowing easy changes to sitewide content.
* Dashboard blocks are now available. These blocks are only shown in the dashboard, in a special tab.
* concrete5's dialog box now seamlessly wraps the jQuery UI dialog class.
* Developers can now add elements/dashboard/install.php to their packages, which will show up automatically when a package is installed through the dashboard. This can include form elements, which will then be passed in a post array to the package's install() method.
* Developers can now specify $pkgAllowFullContentSwap, which will give the super user the ability to fully swap out content for that which has been provided in the the new concrete5-cif format.
* Upgraded to jQuery 1.7
* Blocks now longer have to include add or edit templates. If they don't they'll just automatically be added and edit will be unavailable.
* New Events: on_user_validate, on_user_logout, on_user_activate, on_user_deactivate, on_before_job_execute, on_job_execute, on_job_install, on_job_uninstall
* Rendering a view manually from a controller should now work when rendering from within a controller found in a package (thanks jordanlev)
* In the spirit of the Zend Framework, get() and post() methods can take a default parameter (which will be used if nothing is matched from the get/post)