Open source 3D Matlab Isogeometric Analysis Code
Isogeometric analysis (IGA) is a fundamental step forward in computational mechanics that offers
the possibility of integrating methods for analysis into Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools and vice versa. The benefits of such an approach are evident, since the time taken from design to analysis is greatly reduced leading to large savings in cost and time for industry. The tight coupling of CAD and analysis within IGA requires knowledge from both fields and it is one of the goals of the MIGFEM is to provide a simple-to-understand IGA FEM code.
The work is funded under the Framework Programme 7 Initial Training Network Funding under grant number 289361 'Integrating Numerical Simulation and Geometric Design Technology.'
It was started when the author, Dr. Vinh Phu Nguyen, was in Delft University of Technology and the Johns Hopkins University. It used some codes of igabem written by Robert Simpson.
- 1D, 2D, 3D linear elasticity with Bsplines/NURBS/Tsplines
- h,p and k-refinement
- 2D XIGA for traction-free cracks and material interfaces
- Penalty method, Lagrange multiplier, least square method to handle Dirichlet boundary conditions
- 2D compatible multi-patch NURBS is supported
- Kirchhoff and Kirchhoff-Love shells (rotation free formulation)
- Kirchhoff plate and Mindlin-Reissner plate with NURBS
- Implementation of IGA based on the Bezier extraction (2D and 3D)
- Support Tsplines from Rhino3d (see also GeoPDEs)
- Geometrically nonlinearities for solids and thin shells.
- Transient dynamics analysis with both implicit Newmark and explicit central difference scheme
- Free vibration analysis of solid/plate/shells.
- Various visualization techniques for B-splines/NURBS/Tsplines
- 2D/3D incompatible multi-patch NURBS with Nitsche's method (see nitsche-2D.zip)
- coupling of solid and structural elements with Nitsche's method (development)
- material point method with B-splines (development)
- 2D Arlequin for mesh coupling
- available in Octave with GUI (check igafemgui)
Great software, thank you.
great app, works nicely