This program is centered on a graphical Hertzsprung-Russell or color-magnitude diagram (CMD). It can show animated evolutionary tracks of stars of different masses, for a single star or a population of stars. In addition, it can show the CMD of a large number of existing open clusters, based on scientific survey data, and overlay isochrones (the curve in a CMD from stars born at the same time) to determine the age, distance and interstellar reddening of the cluster. Determining these parameters can be done automatically with a global search
algorithm (more specifically a genetic algorithm).
This program requires the installation of the libfgen package, also available on SourceForge.
- Show animated stellar evolutionary tracks
- Show the animated CMD of synthetic populations
- Show the CMD of real open clusters
- CMD in visual (B/V) or infrared (J/Ks) colors
- Data for the Pleiades, Hyades, Praesepe, Coma, M67, Alpha Persei, IC 2391 and NGC2516 included
- Compare isochrones from different scientific teams (BaSTI, PARSEC, YREC (Ohio), Dartmouth)
- Fit isochrones by eye or using an automated global search algorithm
- Supports the analysis of nearby clusters and associations from the XHIP catalogue
- Supports the analysis of a multitude of clusters from the MWSC catalogue (Kharchenko et al. 2012)
- Printing support
Be the first to post a review of Clusterfit!