This is EFI-based bootloader for BIOS-based computers created as a replacement to EDK2/Duet bootloader http://www.tianocore.org. To compile it needs to place Clover sources into edk2/ folder.
Please visit http://www.projectosx.com, https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/discussion/ or open a bug ticket (https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/) for help instead of posting a negative review about how you are unable to configure correctly.
About license. LGPL can't be used because this stupid license prevent from boot to Windows....as it is commercial OS.
- using UEFI BIOS or own CloverEFI
- default boot after timeout into previous chosen OS
- customizable GUI: themes support, own icons, fonts, background image, animated pictures, mouse pointers.
- F1 - multilingual help, depending on language in config
- saving preboot.log from GUI by typing F2 and system.log for debug
- save original (OEM) ACPI tables by pressing F4
- test DSDT patching with F5
- save videoBIOS into EFI/misc by pressing F6
- saving screenshots from GUI typing F10
- CD/DVD eject by F12 and refresh menu after CD insertion
- change GUI resolution by PgUp/PgDown
- save BOOT0000 option to NVRAM (like bcfg in Shell)
- call to Shell.efi
- native screen resolution in GUI
- scroll bar if screen resolution is too low for menu
- theme database http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Theme-database
Best bootloader for OS X, for newbie it was hard to understand but now it is working great.
Just wanted to say your support is awesome, I've been very pleased with the support I've been provided by the forums to resolve a couple of problems I have had with my first Hackintosh. Have to say two months ago I was putting the hardware together for this beast, and two months later I've written my own kext injector and have downloaded and successfully compiled the clover boot loader for shiggles. You guys are the best. Thanks and keep the dream alive!
Managed to brick my two motherboards one by one merely after clover Install. Amazing thing is both died same way first they refused to boot nothing showing in bout menu to boot from and last didn't let me in bios. Exactly same fate they died fortunately one was under warranty and got RMAd it. Reverted back to chameleon. Chameleon didn't brick any before.
Absolutely the best bootloader to use to boot OS X. A bit of a learning curve, especially if you are used to Chimera/Chameleon, but much more effective, especially with the aid of great tools such as Clover Configurator, etc.
Best loader for your hackintosh