This is EFI-based bootloader for BIOS-based computers created as a replacement to EDK2/Duet bootloader http://www.tianocore.org. To compile it needs to place Clover sources into edk2/ folder.
Please visit http://www.projectosx.com, https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/discussion/ or open a bug ticket (https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/) for help instead of posting a negative review about how you are unable to configure correctly.
- using UEFI BIOS or own CloverEFI
- default boot after timeout into previous chosen OS
- customizable GUI: themes support, own icons, fonts, background image, animated pictures, mouse pointers.
- F1 - multilingual help, depending on language in config
- saving preboot.log from GUI by typing F2 and system.log for debug
- save original (OEM) ACPI tables by pressing F4
- test DSDT patching with F5
- save videoBIOS into EFI/misc by pressing F6
- saving screenshots from GUI typing F10
- CD/DVD eject by F12 and refresh menu after CD insertion
- change GUI resolution by PgUp/PgDown
- save BOOT0000 option to NVRAM (like bcfg in Shell)
- call to Shell.efi
- native screen resolution in GUI
- scroll bar if screen resolution is too low for menu
- theme database http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Theme-database
Amazing boot loader. Really makes OS X boot and behave so much faster than with a legacy BIOS boot loader like Chimera. Still have some sleep issues, hope to get them all ironed out soon.
I must agree with others. Clover is a FANTASTIC boot loader! But, documentation is perhaps one of the worst I've ever seen: - There is a wiki, which is outdated and quite short in descriptions - There is a huge forum thread, with several links to posts with sometimes whatever sometimes helpful, really helpful information - There is no "default template", or "most common options" for a config.plist, so to get started, you must "know it all" So, whoever is willing to spend at least 10 hours reading some material, they might be able to use it, otherwise, just don't.
Great bootloader but the guide about installing are very poor! I'll rate it 5 star but guys, please make a stupid-proof install guide and installer.