This is EFI-based bootloader for BIOS-based computers created as a replacement to EDK2/Duet bootloader http://www.tianocore.org. To compile it needs to place Clover sources into edk2/ folder.
Please visit http://www.projectosx.com, https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/discussion/ or open a bug ticket (https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/) for help instead of posting a negative review about how you are unable to configure correctly.
About license. LGPL can't be used because this stupid license prevent from boot to Windows....as it is commercial OS.
- using UEFI BIOS or own CloverEFI
- default boot after timeout into previous chosen OS
- customizable GUI: themes support, own icons, fonts, background image, animated pictures, mouse pointers.
- F1 - multilingual help, depending on language in config
- saving preboot.log from GUI by typing F2 and system.log for debug
- save original (OEM) ACPI tables by pressing F4
- test DSDT patching with F5
- save videoBIOS into EFI/misc by pressing F6
- saving screenshots from GUI typing F10
- CD/DVD eject by F12 and refresh menu after CD insertion
- change GUI resolution by PgUp/PgDown
- save BOOT0000 option to NVRAM (like bcfg in Shell)
- call to Shell.efi
- native screen resolution in GUI
- scroll bar if screen resolution is too low for menu
- theme database http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Theme-database
Best loader for your hackintosh
Great Bootloader, i really love it than other bootloaders. Keep it up :D
The best bootloader I've tried so far. It's got lots of customisation options and a lot of included features to get you up and running in no time. If you're coming from other bootloaders, it might have a bit of a learning curve to it. And that's also because it has a lot more options to choose from. But once you understand how it works, you've got plenty of things to like about it, and things you can tweak to your own preference and hardware setup.
I'm using it every day! Very powerful and better than Chameleon in my opinion.