Classic Shell adds some missing features to Windows 7 and Vista like a classic start menu, toolbar for Explorer and others.
The project has moved to www.classicshell.net. Visit the new website to download the latest version.
- Classic Start Menu for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (with skins)
- Toolbar for Windows Explorer
- Classic copy UI (Vista and Windows 7 only)
- Show file size in Explorer status bar (Vista and Windows 7 only)
- Title bar and status bar for Internet Explorer (9 and up)
This is a good product. In Windows 7, you can get the classic start menu back. Something that existed even in Vista. In Windows 8, you get a start menu. Now with 8.1 coming out, I will still use Classic Shell simply because I want control over my start menu. I do have a compatibility issue with Novell ZenWorks 11.2 and right-clicking a ZenWorks icon revels a gray context menu with no text. I took a star off for that since there has been a ticket for it since 2012 and no progress. We still use Classic Shell and I still highly recommend using it!!!!