Chronicle is a set of BASH shell scripts that use rsync to back up data to a remote host. Snapshots are created and rotated using hard links to minimize storage requirements.
- Differential backups (rsync) minimize backup time
- Hard links enable multiple snapshots without redundant data
- Each backup appears as a complete copy of the source data
- Any number of snapshots can be maintained and automatically rotated
- Multiple backup periods can be maintained simultaneously
Be the first to post a review of Chronicle Backup!