A free and open source chess database application for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
- Multi-platform. Supports Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Load and save PGN files
- Work with multiple databases simultaneously
- Browse games, including variations
- Enter moves, variations, comments
- Setup board, copy/paste FEN
- Search in Databases for text or positions
- Display tree of moves for the current position
- Analyze using UCI and Winboard/Xboard Chess engines
- Prepare for openings or opponents
- Training mode (next move is hidden)
A good tool for chess players
This is a very good interface, runs excellent with chess engines.... However, for the mac retina display, the gui is "pixely" - it looks like the gui was designed with a set resolution without using DPI or something, i.e. the pieces and buttons don't look "smooth". Another concern about the design is that I am having a little trouble figuring out how to save my pgn files after I have written in comments on games etc. Otherwise, I would recommend this to anyone using a mac.
Great strategy game. Good Tool! Runs smoothly. This is a wonderful project.
Application does what it says on the box...would be good to add some functionality around playing on-line etc due to the interface being so attractive and usable.
Nice and simple.