Charmol is a command-line based program for making high-quality pictures of molecular structures for Linux and MacOS. It produces POV-Ray rendered images or files in VRML format for viewing in 3D.
Charmol is capable of making pictures containing:
- from small- to large-size molecules
- more molecules together (different settings possible)
- orbitals using molden and fchk files (GTO functions up to 'h' angular momentum supported)
- surfaces using gaussian cube files (also color-mapped surfaces according to potential)
- schematic representation of vibrations using arrows
- user-defined arrows representing vectorial properties
- measuring gauges
- combinations of these features (more orbitals together, orbitals and arrows together etc.)
Charmol allows for fine tuning of the final molecular design.
Simple and flexible program to visualize high quality figures for publication. Charmol can do everything that pov-ray can.