Charmol is a command-line based program for making high-quality pictures of molecular structures for Linux and MacOS. It produces POV-Ray rendered images or files in VRML format for viewing in 3D.
Charmol is capable of making pictures containing:
- from small- to large-size molecules
- more molecules together (different settings possible)
- orbitals using molden and fchk files (GTO functions up to 'h' angular momentum supported)
- surfaces using gaussian cube files (also color-mapped surfaces according to potential)
- schematic representation of vibrations using arrows
- user-defined arrows representing vectorial properties
- measuring gauges
- combinations of these features (more orbitals together, orbitals and arrows together etc.)
Charmol allows for fine tuning of the final molecular design.
There are no 3 star reviews.