Chapeau is a remix of the popular multi-purpose GNU/Linux distribution Fedora.
Chapeau takes the work out of running Fedora as a desktop operating system by including software that the Fedora Project cannot include in the Fedora base.
From the first boot of the live image Chapeau supports rich media and integrates third-party software sources and popular plugins & applications without tainting the simplicity & elegance of the Fedora's default Gnome desktop experience.
Chapeau also includes extra tools that makes your live DVD or USB disk a portable toolkit for repairing Linux and Windows installations.
Chapeau is available for 64bit x86 PCs.
- Derived from Fedora 20
- Gnome 3.10 desktop environment
- Installable live boot image for USB disks & DVDs
- VLC (replaces Totem)
- Gnome Music & Rhythmbox
- Adobe Flash support
- Dropbox integration
- PlayOnLinux & Wine
- Media codecs
- DVD playback support (libdvdcss)
- Shotwell, Darktable & UFRaw photography applications
- GIMP (single window mode by default)
- Bijiben (replacing Gnote)
- Pharlap (proprietory driver helper application from the Korora project)
- MPRIS media player integration into Gnome 3
- 'Caffeine' Gnome extension quickly toggles Gnome's screensaver & power saving features
- Built-in support for syncing Garmin GPS devices with 'Garmin Connect'
- Gnome Software & Yumex
- Gnome Disks & Gparted
- Gnome Boxes (create & manage virtual machines and remote host connections)
- Qemu & KVM virtualisation ready to go
- Clam AV (usable from the live image)
- Broadcom chipset support
- Advanced system tools (screen, tmux, testdisk, chntpw, htop, iotop, powertop, stress and more)
- Support for 7zip & RAR archives
- Core packages to ease the installation of new kernel modules (kernel-devel, kernel-headers, gcc, akmod)
- RPMFusion software sources preconfigured
- Google Chrome software source preconfigured
- VirtualBox software source preconfigured
There are no 4 star reviews.